This Body Lotion is talc and oil free! Upon application to the skin, it dries fast and mattifies the skin with smooth spreading.
|Tri Sodium EDTA||0.20|
|Butylene Glycol||Butylene Glycol||15.00|
|Magnesium Aluminum Silicate||0.70|
|Naturesoft 800||Cellulose Powder||5.00|
|Capryl Glycol/Phenoxyethanol/Hexylene Glycol||0.70|
Procedure for Body Lotion
- Weigh Phase A ingredients into a separate beaker. Start mixing using propeller blade at slow to medium speed until the ingredients are uniform and clear.
- In a separate beaker, add Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate and Xanthan Gum. Mix well to make a slurry and then pour it into the water phase.
- Start heating to 74°C under high speed mixing. Once the temperature reaches 74°C, mix for 30 minutes until the gum hydrates completely. Check by making a drawdown on a white paper.
- Slowly add Phase B under high speed mixing. As the batch will start to thicken, continue high speed mixing until uniform phase is achieved. Mix for 30 minutes.
- In a separate beaker, weigh Phase C ingredients and heat to 77°C under propeller medium speed mixing until clear.
- Pour Phase C into Phase A+C at a constant slow speed at 74°C – 77°C. Continue high speed mixing for 30 minutes with occasional side sweeping.
- Cool the batch to 63°C and add Phase D ingredients individually with 5 minutes mixing time between each addition. Maintain 63°C for 15 minutes and mix for additional 15 minutes. Cool down the batch to ambient temperature.
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow your Know – Natural Shampoo Bars
Reference No. SC-2005