This Broad Spectrum Sunscreen is a great addition to your sun care routine. It protects the skin from harmful UV rays and also provides conditioning benefits.
Dermothix 100 is a nonionic thickener and rheology modifier. It imparts unique rheology (Newtonian elastic liquid) to the formulation. Dermol 99 is a low molecular weight, dry and silky ester. This non-occuslive emollient imparts a light to moderate skin feel, facilitate rub-in, exhibits uniform spreading and increase slip and lubricity to the final product. Dermol 25B is a non-oily emollient ester/solvent which reduces drag and enhances slip and lubricity without excessive luster and sheen.
|Dermothix 100||Disteareth-100 IPDI||3.00|
|Dermol 99||Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate||5.00|
|Dermol 25B||C12-C15 Alkyl Benzoate||5.00|
Procedure for Broad Spectrum Sunscreen
- Combine water and butylene glycol into main beaker and heat to 65°C – 70°C.
- Add Dermothix 100 and mix until incorporated into the water phase.
- Inside the beaker, combine ingredients from Phase B and heat to 70°C until all ingredients are solubilized.
- Emulsify and add Phase B to Phase A under high shear.
- Cool down.
- At 35°C – 40°C, add Phase C.
Looking for more ideas for your next project? Check out our featured Grow your Know – Natural Shampoo Bars