This Clean + Soothe Hand Sanitizer kills common germs as it uses 70% alcohol. Now, more than every, we need to keep our hands free of germs. With the addition of a naturally-derived thickener, the formulation is easily-applied, offers full coverage, and a soft feel. To keep hands hydrated and moisturized, organic aloe vera, a well-know and accepted solution for skin hydration and moisturization, is incorporated into the formulation.
This formulation features Benecel E10M which is a nature-deried, vegan-suitable thickener that offers solution clarity, electrolyte tolerance to stay put on hands and shear-thinning properties. No neutralization is needed and it provides a non-tacky skin feel. Ceraphyl 31 is a biodegradable, vegan-suitable, alcohol-soluble emollient that imparts a non-oily lubricity and boosts viscosity.
|Phase||Trade Name||INCI Name||% w/w|
|A||Ethyl Alcohol (96%)||Alcohol||72.91|
|Benecel™️ E10M HPMC||Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose||1.50|
|C||Ceraphyl™️ 31||Lauryl Lactate (and) Myristyl Lactate (and) Cetyl Lactate||1.00|
|Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder||0.10|
|E||Sodium Hydroxide (10% solution)||Sodium Hydroxide||0.06|
Procedure for Clean + Soothe Hand Sanitizer
- Phase A: add ethyl alcohol into main beaker and then add Benecel E10M HPMC under mixing. Mix well until it is homogeneous.
- Add Phase B ingredients (water and glycerin) one at a time under mixing. Mix well until it is homogeneous.
- Add Phase C ingredients while mixing until uniform.
- Prepare a 10% aqueous solution of aloe vera (Phase D). Add the Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder to water under mixing and mix until it is uniform. Add to main batch.
- Add Phase E ingredients under mixing.
- Transfer to an airtight container.
Specifications for Clean + Soothe Hand Sanitizer
Appearance: slightly hazy viscous solution
pH: 6.5 – 7.5
Viscosity (Brookfield RVT, Spindle 4, 10 RPM, 1 minute, 25°C): 1,500 – 2,000 cP
Looking for more ideas and formulations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow your Know – Natural Shampoo Bars
Reference No. M200-1265