This Counting Sheep Melting Butter-in-Gel is made for skin that looks rested and renewed when you awake from slumber. It has a surprising texture that transforms into a smooth cream that melts on the skin upon application. This unique butter-in-gel texture provides instant, lasting hydration and resets the skin with a fresh feel and matte finish. For use as a moisturizer, eye cream, or night cream for normal and combined skin or after sun exposure.
This formulation features Nightessense biofunctional which is a natural extract from the premium true lavender flower. It enhances the essential noctural processes and molecules for a night repair, night detox and cleanse, and night renew.
|Phase||Trade Name||INCI Name||% w/w|
|A||Purified Water||Aqua||q.s. 100.0|
|Water/Aqua (and) Glycerin (and) Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer (and) PVM/MA
|Water/Aqua (and) Glycerin (and) Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer||3.00|
|Nightessence™️biofunctional||Butylene glycol (and) Water/Aqua (and) Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract||1.00|
|CI 42090 (Blue 1)||0.14|
|CI 19140 (Yellow 5)||0.14|
|B||Myristyl Myristate (and) Myristyl Laurate||2.00|
|Glyceryl Stearate (and) Behenyl Alcohol (and) Palmitic Acid (and) Stearic Acid (and) Lecithin (and) Lauryl Alcohol (and) Myristyl Alcohol (and) Cetyl Alcohol||4.00|
|Antaron™ ECo Gel||Diisopropyl Adipate (and) Ethylcellulose||1.00|
|Fragrance/Parfum (and) Citronellol (and) Geraniol (and) Hexyl Cinnamal||0.10|
|Stabileze™️ QM||PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer||0.40|
|E||Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder||0.10|
|Phenoxyethanol (and) Propanediol (and) Propylene Carbonate (and) Caprylhydroxamic Acid (and) O-cymen-5-ol||0.70|
Procedure for Counting Sheep Melting Butter-in-Gel
- At room temperature, in the main beaker, mix Phase A ingredients until homogeneous.
- At 75-80°C, in a side beaker, mix Phase B ingredients until homogeneous.
- At room temperature, in another side beaker, mix Phase C ingredients until homogeneous.
- At room temperature, premix Phase D ingredients, add Phase D into Phase C and mix until the gel is clear and homogeneous.
- At room temperature, add Phase E ingredients one by one into Phases C + D and mix well between each addition.
- At room temperature, add Phase F ingredients one by one into Phases C + D + E and mix well.
- In the main beaker, add hot Phase B rapidly into cold Phase A while mixing slowly (~450 rpm) to create the flakes.
- As soon as the flakes are created, in the main beaker, add Phases C + D + E + F. Then mix very gently (~250 rpm).
- Stop as soon as possible when homogeneous at 25°C.
- Fill containers immediately after making. Flakes will achieve their final softness in the formulation within 2 – 3 days.
Specifications of Counting Sheep Melting Butter-in-Gel
Appearance: clear green gel with suspended wax flakes
pH: 5.7 – 6.3
Viscosity (D1): 150,000 – 200,000 cps (Brookefield RVT, Spindle D, 5 rpm, 1 minute, 25°C)
Looking for more ideas and formulations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow your Know – Natural Shampoo Bars
Reference No. 100-10164