This Foaming Clay Mask formulation presents a twist on traditional clay masks, featuring a combination of mild cleansers, SugaNate 100NC and ColaTeric CBS, that transforms it into a gentle lather for easy rinse-off. Also included is ColaMoist 200 to lock in moisture for long lasting-hydration and peppermint oil for a clean, tingly sensation.
Use: To use as a mask, apply to a dry face and let dry for 15 minutes. Then apply water, work into a lather and rinse.
Use: To use as a cleanser, simply apply to wet skin and work into a lather before rinsing.
|1||Water||Water||qs to 100|
|3||Magnesium Aluminum Silicate||2.50|
|4||Suga®Nate 100NC||Sodium Decylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate||15.00|
|5||Cola®Teric CBS||Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine||5.00|
|6||Cola®Moist 200||Hydroxypropyl Bis-Hydroxyethyldimonium Chloride||3.00|
|7||Peppermint Oil||Peppermint Oil||0.20|
|9||French Green Clay||IIIite and Montmorillonite||2.00|
|10||Kaolin Clay USP||Kaolin||23.00|
- Combine ingredients 1-2 in primary vessel. Then, add ingredient 3.
- Heat to 60°C and continue mixing until completely hydrated.
- Begin cooling below 45°C and add ingredients 4-6 in order. Mix until smooth and homogenous.
- Once below 45°C, add ingredients 7-8 and mix until incorporated.
- Mix in ingredients 9-10, taking care not to introduce air.
Specifications of Foaming Clay Mask
pH: 6.0 – 7.0
Viscosity: 40,000 – 50,000 cP
Appearance: Light Green Paste
Interested in more facial care formulations? Check out the Oil-to-Milk Cleanser
Get more ideas, innovations and formulations for your next project with our featured Grow your Know – Natural Shampoo Bars
Reference No. 2046