This Nature-Inspired Slide-On Silky Foundation is a very thin formulation that has easy and precise application on the skin via droplets. The low viscosity of this formulation is stabilized by the robust oil-in-water natural emulsifier ISOLAN® GPS. Holding onto the pigment load, light sensory, and the smooth texture of the formulation is enabled by dermofeel® sensolv MB and TEGO® Feel C 10. Both have a reduced carbon footprint in production. The good spreadability and skin tone correcting of the foundation is with the combination of the botanical TEGO® enlight.
|Phase||Trade Name||INCI Name||% w/w|
|A||TEGOSOFT® DC MB||Decyl Cocoate||12.00|
|B||ISOLAN® GPS||Polyglceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/ Sebacate||4.00|
|dermofeel® sensolv MB||Isoamyl Laurate||12.00|
|TEGO® Feel C 10||Cellulose||1.00|
|CI 77891; Hydrogenated Lecithin||5.00|
|CI 77492; Hydrogenated Lecithin||0.60|
|CI 77491; Hydrogenated Lecithin||0.35|
|CI 77499; Hydrogenated Lecithin||0.10|
|dermosoft® GMC MB||Glyceryl Caprate||0.70|
|TEGO® enlight||Morus Alba Fruit Extract; Sodium Phytate; Aqua; Glycerin; Alcohol||2.0|
|Zinc Sulfate Heptahydrate||1.00|
Procedure for Nature-Inspired Slide-On Silky Foundation
- Place TEGOSOFT® DC MB in a beaker first. Then, add the Disteardimonium Hectorite slowly while stirring. Stir for 1-2 minutes. Slow add the ethanol.
- Mix the pigments in liquids for 1 hour with overhead mixing at 500 rpm. Then, wet out the pigment with an Ultra Turrax for 90 seconds at 20,000 rpm.
- Add Phase A to B and heat to 75°C with mixing.
- Prepare Phase C. Adjust the pH between 4.8 – 5.0.
- Add Phase C to Phase A/B slowly while stirring.
- Homogenize again for 2 minutes at 1,000 rpm using overhead mixing.
- Cool with overhead mixing to room temperature. Then, homogenize again for 10 minutes at 1,20 rpm.
Viscosity: 920 cps (Brookfield DV-II+ Pro spindle 5, 10 rpm)
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Trends Blog: Carnival of Colour for Eye Cosmetics!
Formulation No. SAC 6068-196