Complete your night time skin care routine with this Night Cream that has elevated richness and spreadability on the skin!
|Tri Sodium EDTA||0.20|
|Vegetable Based Glycerin||Glycerin||5.00|
|Magnesium Aluminum Silicate||0.70|
|C||Naturesoft 80||Hydrogenated Castor Oil (and) Jojoba Esters||5.00|
|Capryl Glycol/Phenoxyethanol/Hexylene Glycol||0.50|
Procedure for Night Cream
- Weigh the following Phase A ingredients into a separate beaker: Water, EDTA, TEA and Polysorbate 20. Start mixing using Con blade at medium speed until it is uniform and clear.
- In a separate beaker, add Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate and Xanthan Gum. Mix well to make a slurry and then pour into the water phase. Start heating to 74°C under high speed mixing. Once the temperature reaches to 74°C, mix for an additional 30 minutes until the gum hydrates completely. Check my making drawdown on a white paper.
- In a separate beaker weigh Phase B and heat to 77°C under propeller medium speed mixing until clear.
- Add Phase C (powder) 5 minutes before the emulsification. Continue mixing at medium to high speed to keep uniformly dispersed in the oil phase.
- Pour Phase B+C into Phase A at a constant slow rate speed at 74°C – 77°C. Continue high speed mixing for 30 minutes with side sweeping (emulsification step). If the batch gets thick, increase the mixing speed to keep the batch moving uniformly.
- Cool the batch to 63°C and add Phase D ingredients. Maintain 63°C for 15 minutes and mix for an additional 15 minutes with side sweeping and cool down the batch to ambient temperature.
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow your Know – Natural Shampoo Bars
Reference No. SC-2008