This Safe Intense Black Eyeliner has deep and intense colour upon application. This formula features CarbonCap 20 which is an encapsulated Carbon Black (90% loading capacity) that can withstand homogenization and high temperatures. The incorporation of this material into the formulation provides less clumping, less bleeding and less buildup. It also reduces dusting issues.
|Phase||Trade Name||INCI Name||%|
|A||Soft Water||Aqua||Aqua ad 100.0|
|Xanthan Gum (and) Hectorite (and) Cellulose Gum||0.3|
|Copernicia Cerifera Wax||0.13|
|Euphorbia Cerifera Wax||1.05|
|Stearic Acid||Stearic Acid||1.05|
|Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate||2.8|
|Methylpropanediol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Phenylpropanol||4.0|
|D||CarbonCap™ 20||CI 77266 (and) Butylene Glycol Cocoate (and) Polymethyl Methacrylate||6.0|
Procedure for Safe Intense Black Eyeliner
- Place the water into the main vessel and begin to stir with paddle mixer at about 300 rpm and add the thickening agent. Increase the speed to about 800 rpm, in order to disperse it thoroughly without lumping.
- Then add, one by one, the remaining ingredients of Phase A, and begin to heat to 75°C.
- Meanwhile, prepare Phase B by mixing all the ingredients together and heating to 75°C.
- Maintain the temperature at 75°C and add Phase B to Phase A and homogenize at 3000 rpm for about 10 minutes.
- Change to a paddle mixer and begin to cool. At about 50°C, add the ingredients of Phase C.
- Continue to mix and at approximately 40°C, add the CarbonCap 20.
- Homogenize at about 3000 rpm and then back into appropriate container.
Looking for more ideas and formulations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow your Know – Natural Shampoo Bars