This Shape Memory W/O Gel formula gives the impression of a “fresh start” before each use. The self-leveling ability is due to the high molecular weight silicone quat ABIL ME 45. This ingredient is an easy-to-use, multiple benefit silicone conditioning agent.
ABIL EM 97 S is a co-emulsifier for water-in-oil emulsions and provides a pleasant silky skin feel. It is an excellent formulation aid due to its sensory benefits and good emulsification properties. ABIL Wax 9801 is a liquid to waxy organopolysiloxane. Its good spreadability and emollient-effect allows it to improve the application and skin care properties of formulations.
|Phase||Trade Name||INCI Name||% w/w|
|A||ABIL® EM 97 S||Bis PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone; Dimethicone||2.0|
|ABIL® Wax 9801||Cetyl Dimethicone||1.0|
|Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (and) Silica||1.0|
|C||ABIL® ME 45 MB||Silicone Quaternium-22; Polyglyceryl-3 Caprate; Dipropylene Glycol; Cocamidopropyl Betaine||20.0|
Procedure for Shape Memory W/O Gel:
- From Phase A, mix ingredient #5 and #6. Then from Phase A, add ingredient #3 and homogenize with high speed (13,500 rpm for 2 minutes).
- Prepare Phase B and C separately. Add Phase B into Phase C. Stir well until uniform.
- Heat Phase A and Phase B/C to approximately 75°C.
- Add Phase B/C into Phase A slowly while stirring (500 rpm, 2 minutes).
- Homogenize at 1300 rpm for 2 minutes.
- Cool down below 30°C and add Phase D while stirring.
- Homogenize again (1200 rpm for 1 minute)
Viscosity: 87 Pas (Brookfield RV DV-I, sp. 93, 10 rpm)
Looking for more ideas and formulations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow your Know – Natural Shampoo Bars
Reference No. CHN BR 31-0002B