Food Trends 2020
Azelis Canada Food & Health delivers the 2020 Food Trends in a downloadable form here. Are you getting the most of of your ingredients? Azelis Canada offers value-added services including a leading edge development kitchen for product testing and prototype creations.
- Milk alternatives: Proteins, Systems, Cultures, Probiotic, Hydrocolloids, Emulsifiers, Enzymes, Maskers, Colours & Flavours
- Dairy alternatives: Proteins, Cultures, Colours, Hydrocolloids, Potato Starches & Flavours
- Meat alternatives: Protein Isolates & Textures, Binders, Texturants, Fibers, Colours & Flavours
Meat Alternative users span a range of consumers:
- Vegans: Abstains from eating animal product
- Vegetarians: Abstains from eating meat & fish
- Pescatarians: Abstains from eating meat
- Flexitarians: A largely plant-based diet with the occasional inclusion of meat & fish
- Meat Reducer: Actively seeks to reduce meat consumption
Protein Rich Ingredients
- Bone Broth & Stocks
- Functional Meat Proteins
- Bakery inclusions
- Soy & Pea Nuggets
Why is Protein so Popular?
The promise that Protein can help you lose weight, get stronger and avoid age-related muscle loss, has drawn the interest of consumers globally.
In contrast to many diets that are restrictive and involve reducing your intake of fats & sugars.
The attraction of protein has to do with the fact you feel fuller longer, lose weight & build muscle.
Clean Label Ingredients
- Natural Antimicrobials & Antioxidants
- Clean Label Potato Starch, Non-GMO
- Various Fibers for Moisture Control
- Natural Flavours (wet & dry available)
- Natural Colours (wet & dry available)