Actimask Acetaminophen is an encapsulated active that exhibits little or none of the bitter taste associated with the active drug. It is easy to formulate with, has an excellent taste barrier with a rapid dissolution profile, and superior organoleptic properties.
$0.00Product Application: Capsule,Chewable Tablet,Direct Compression of Tablets,Orally Dispersible Powder (ODP),Orally dissolving tablets
Pharmaceutical Category: Pharmaceutical
Actimask® taste-masked acetaminophen is encapsulated acetaminophen particles within a gelatin coating using a coacervation process. The process is completely aqueous, therefore, there is no concern regarding the level of residual solvents as with many other taste-masked products. Actimask Acetaminophen is an ideal choice for the formulation of chewable or orally dispersible dosage forms. The aqueous hydrophilic coating delivers an excellent taste barrier. In addition, the uniform hydrogel coating provides a smooth surface that has an excellent mouthfeel and is easy to swallow.
Actimask Acetaminophen exhibits little or none of the bitter taste associated with the drug, which may be due to minimal drug release in the oral cavity during the first minute of exposure. However, it exceeds USP/EP compendial dissolution requirements and at gastric pH the drug release matches that of uncoated acetaminophen. Actimask Acetaminophen is easy to use. It has good flow and is directly compressible making it perfect for direct compression applications.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Low Active Release in First Minute
- Meets IR Monograph
- Superior Organoleptic Properties
- Proprietary aqueous system gives uniform, smooth hydrogel coating, provides excellent mouthfeel; No residual solvent
- The thin coating easily wets, providing an excellent taste barrier, has an ease of swallow and no burst release
- Uniform particle size: ~400 μm
- High Assay (= 94% (+/- 3%)), Helping to reduce tablet weight
- Excellent Taste-barrier With Rapid Dissolution Profile
- At oral pH, inhibited released in the first minute
- Exceeds compendial target:
➢ 80% release at 30 minutes for APAP
- Can be used with insoluble API’s
- Particle size controlled by API
- Withstands compression process remaining intact