INCI: VP/Acrylates/Lauryl Methacrylate CopolymerProduct Categories: Film Former, Polymer
Antaron/Ganex Sensory is a water dispersible polymer that has a unique hydrophobic character and is capable of forming a mesh over the sunscreen film that it will lay on the skin. The mesh that Antaron™/Ganex™ Sensory forms protects the film, giving it great water resistance and imparting a superior sensory feel when the formulation dries. This functionality enhances the homogenous distribution of UV filters in the formulation.
Antaron/Ganex Sensory can be added to the oil phase, water phase or post-emulsion. It reduces or eliminates surfactants and emulsifiers and is synergistic with acrylates thickeners. In formulations, Antaron/Ganex Sensory provides high SPF and high performing makeup and sun care emulsions. It can protect the skin against pollution while being water, wear, transfer and sand resistant. Furthermore, Antaron/Ganex Sensory provides increased formula stability and leaves the skin less shiny.
Features & Benefits of Antaron/Ganex Sensory
- Sensory Feel
- Consumers prefer a non-greasy feel and skin comfort in products, even in high SPF formulations. This can help increase the user’s confidence in end use product effectiveness and help meet active outdoor consumer needs.
- Water Resistance
- The polymer provides high performance water resistance, which helps sunscreen formulators develop products with substantial water resistance.
- Emulsion Stability
- It is the first choice of formulators as it’s cold processable, water dispersible and easy to formulate with – which helps achieve improved emulsion stability.
- Leave-on skin care applications
- Emulsion, Gel Cream, Gel, Mousse, Solution, Spray, Mask, Wipe, Solids/Sticks
For more information on Antaron (Ganex) Sensory, check out the Brochure!
Get more ideas, innovations and formulations for your next project with our featured Grow Your Know feature: Dry-Shampoo – Departing the Norm
VP/Acrylates/Lauryl Methacrylate Copolymer