AX1 Intelli-Ion® Corrosion Inhibitors
$0.00Market: Aerospace Coating, Coatings, Coatings-Industrial, Marine Coating, Powder Coating, Protective/Maintenance Coating
Product Category: Corrosion Inhibitors
AX1 Intelli-Ion® corrosion inhibitors are chromate, phosphate and heavy metal free. These ‘chemically intelligent’ coatings have been independently proven to be up to ten times more effective than market leading alternatives, producing coatings with superior performance to protect assets, and the environment, for longer.
AX1 Intelli-Ion® functions by releasing anticorrosive pigments from micro-reservoir systems in the primer layer of multicoat systems.
To facilitate this, Intelli-ion® is designed to produce optimum porosity in primer layers.
AX1 Intelli-Ion® is highly effective across a range of applications for sectors including:
• Protective Coatings
• Marine Coatings
• Architectural & Construction
• Aerospace Coatings
• Automotive OEM and Refinishing
• Powder Coatings
Features and Benefits:
- Comprehensive cost in use reductions against current
- Anti-corrosion solutions.
- AX1 reduces thin film corrosion – the chance to cut film thickness specifications and paint consumption.
- Remove toxic warning pictograms from packaging by reducing heavy metal loadings to regulatory limits.
- Reduced toxic chemical handling risks at coatings production facilities – AX1 has a lower (EC) No 1272 / 2008 classification than current heavy metal anti-corrosives.
- Distinctive new circular economy and sustainability credentials for your product portfolio.
- Hybrid formulations which retain low concentrations of familiar anti-corrosives blended with Intelli-ion® technologyfor step-change market introductions.
- No exposure to volatile commodity metals market pricing.
Post 1000 hours Salt Spray ASTM B117 using AX1 Intelli-Ion® Corrosion Inhibitors
On untreated mild steel tested to 1660 hours, AX1 Intelli-ion® delivers higher performance at the scribe and undamaged panel areas. These results show that AX1 Intelli-ion® delivers higher corrosion protection as a single replacement and in combination with a phosphate-based inhibitor – demonstrating synergistic effects.
|Particle Size D50 ||6±2||μm||Laser Diffraction Particle Sizing
|Particle Size D10||<1-2||μm||Laser Diffraction Particle Sizing
|Wet Screen Residue||0.26||%||ISO787/7:1981
|Soluble Matter||7.7 5||%||ISO787/8:2000
|Oil Absorption ||51.42||g/100g||ISO787/5:1995
|Powder Tapped Density||0.59||g/cm3||Graduated Measuring
| Specific Gravity||1.35||N/A||Cylinder Water Displacement