ColaCarb OXC is a low-foaming ether carboxylic acid with excellent emulsification and dispersing properties. Cola®Carb OXC is used for metalworking fluids, fire-resistant hydraulic fluids (HFAS), and rolling emulsions. This emulsifier is extremely stable against electrolyte and hard water and shows outstanding lime soap dispersing power, being able to disperse large quantities of calcium oleate or tallate.
By structure, ether carboxylates are chemically combined nonionic and anionic surfactants. Their structures and performance attributes are customizable by properly selecting hydrophobic alkyl chains and hydrophilic alkoxylate chains. Their unique structures enable their multifunctionality for emulsification, dispersing, surface wetting, corrosion inhibition, and lubrication.
Additionally, ether carboxylates help stabilize emulsions against electrolyte and hard water and thus increase the lifetime of water-dilutable metalworking fluids. In general, they have low to medium foaming tendency and are biodegradable. They have been extensively used in metalworking fluids, i.e., soluble oils, semi-synthetic, rolling emulsions, hydraulic fluids, cleaners, enhanced crude oil recovery, personal care, paint and coatings, and some concrete applications.
Features & Benefits of ColaCarb OXC
- Excellent emulsification properties
- Outstanding lime soap dispersing properties
- Electrolyte and hard water stable
- Low-medium foaming tendency
- Boron free and DEA-free, free of secondary amines
- Broad registration status
- Non-irritating to eye and skin
- Multifunctional, decreases formulation complexity
- Suitable for long life fluids
- Metalworking fluids (emulsions, semisynthetic, synthetic)
- Fire-resistant hydraulic fluids (HFAS)
- Rolling emulsions
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Trends Post: Time-Saving & Value-Added Dishwash
Oleth-10 Carboxylic Acid