ColaCor 500 is a water-soluble, synthetic corrosion inhibitor. Cola®Cor 500 is a highly effective, low cost preventative for cast iron, steel alloys. It provides corrosion protection on ferrous surfaces in a solution where the pH is approximately 8.0 or higher. This product is non-foaming and has good stability in hard water. It is useful where temporary protection against flash rusting is needed.
When water is allowed to evaporate, a thin liquid film remains that provides rust protection to ferrous surfaces, even under high humidity conditions. ColaCor 500 can easily be removed by rinsing with water. It also burns off cleanly in annealing or other high-temperature processing operations. This product is composed of a mixture of organic acid salts, but is not based on PTBBA, nitrites, or borates. It is also diethanolamine free.
Features & Benefits of ColaCor 500
- Blend of alkanolamine neutralized mono- and dicarboxylic acids
- Water-soluble, non-foaming corrosion inhibitor for cast iron and steel alloy
- Hard water tolerance
- Protects ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Lubricating, wetting, and spreading properties
- Water-based metalworking fluid formulations
- Forming and drawing compounds
- Useful in water/glycol or other water-based hydraulic fluids
- Alkaline hard surface cleaners
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Trends Post: Time-Saving & Value-Added Dishwash