INCI: Isostearamidopropyl Morpholine LactateProduct Category: Conditioning Agent
ColaLac 426 is an amido amine lactate used in the formulation of conditioners in hair and skin care products. Unlike quaternary ammonium cationics, Cola®Lac 426 rinses quickly and prevents tangling without reducing foam. ColaLac 426 is also compatible with anionic surfactants and may be used in formulations for clear shampoo and skin cleansers.
Features & Benefits of ColaLac 426
- Easily rinsed and does not build-up
- Easily fragranced
- Prevents tangling without reducing foam
- Compatible with anionic surfactants
- Conditioning Shampoos (0.5% – 2%)
- Hair Conditioners (1% – 3%)
- Body Washes (2% – 4%)
- Clear Shampoos
- Skin Cleansers
At an active level of 4%, ColaLac 426 is non-irritating to the skin and eyes.
- HET-CAM: Hen’s Egg Test choroallantoic membrane:
- Result: Score of 1.75 (no ocular irritation potential in-vivo)
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Maskne: The Impact of Constant Contact!
Isostearamidopropyl Morpholine Lactate