ColaLux C-8 is an octyldimethylamine oxide from a narrow cut amine, that provides good wetting and very low foaming characteristics. It is compatible with most surfactants and because there are no amide or ester groups in its chemical structure, Cola®Lux C-8 will not hydrolyze in acid formulations. This product is also stable in highly alkaline and strong electrolyte systems. ColaLux C-8 is also useful in hydrogen peroxide and sodium hypochlorite formulations, providing increased strike for better performance.
Colonial Chemical also offers ColaLux C-10 which provides foam control and an excellent hydrotrope effect in cleaning applications. It is hydrochloride stable and compatible with other surfactants.
Features & Benefits of ColaLux C-8
- Good wetting characteristics
- Very low foaming characteristics
- Compatible with most surfactants
- Does not hydrolyze in acid formulations
- Stable in highly alkaline and strong electrolyte systems
- Useful in hydrogen peroxide and sodium hypochlorite formulations
- Acid cleaners
- Low foaming built detergents
- Hard surface cleaners
- High alkaline cleaners
- Peroxide base cleaners
- Laundry products
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Trends Post: Multifunctionality, Efficacy, and Safety in Hard Surface Cleaning!