INCI: Hydroxypropyl Bis-Hydroxyethyldimonium ChlorideProduct Category: Humectant
Cola®Moist 200 is a cationic humectant with a high charge density and outstanding water binding properties. It is highly hygroscopic at all humidities, attracting and binding water extremely effectively, and provides a higher humidity protective gradient on both skin and hair to enhance moisturization. It functions as an osmoregulator to prevent dehydration and its powerful hydrating properties limit water evaporation and retain moisture. ColaMoist 200 is an important functional ingredient with many desired properties with both strong ionic bonding and hydrogen bonding within the hydrated deposited humectant film matrix. It is EO-free and 1,4-Dioxane-free. This humectant is also milder and safer for end-users.
Features & Benefits of ColaMoist 200
- Safe and non-irritating
- Increases softness and elasticity of skin
- Reduces fly-away
- Leaves no tacky feeling
- Non-greasy, water-soluble, non-staining
- Stable at a broad range of temperatures and pH
- Compatible with a wide variety of formulations
- Stronger hydrating power than glycerin
- Easily formulated into many emulsions
- Personal Care
- Soap bars, liquid soaps, facial cleansers
- Hair Care
- Shampoos, conditioning creams and rinses, fizz/flyaway control, volumizing products
- Skin Care
- Dry skin lotions and creams, daily wear moisturizers
- Baby and Sensitive Skin Care
Performance in Dry Climates
ColaMoist 200 showed superior results over comparative products at humidity levels of 11% and 29% while also providing excellent moisturization at higher levels of humidity as well. Cola®Moist 200 is beneficial for moisturization in skin care products intended for use in dry climates.
For long-lasting hydration, incorporate this humectant in a mild and gentle lather Foaming Clay Mask!
Get more ideas, innovations and formulations for your next project with our featured Grow your Know – Natural Shampoo Bars
Hydroxypropyl Bis-Hydroxyethyldimonium Chloride