ColaShale 1 and 2
ColaShale 1 and 2 water-soluble shale stabilizers are additives that reduce adverse interactions between water-base completion fluids and exposed reactive shales. Cola®Shale 1 and 2 shale stabilizers are highly engineered, strongly cationic complexes that function to control shale and clay hydration.
These products are capable of inhibiting interactions between most types of brine water-base completion fluids or gels and a wide array of shales and claystones. They do not damage the formation or reduce gravel-pack permeability and will not affect brine characteristics such as viscosity. ColaShale shale stabilizers will not affect fluid pH and don’t adversely affect formation wettability or generate excess foam.
ColaShale 1 and 2 shale stabilizers are effective in freshwater or monovalent brines, have low environmental toxicity, and are non-hazardous to rig personnel.
Features & Benefits of ColaShale 1 and 2
- Reduces completion process risks associated with exposed shales along the path of openhole intervals
- Minimizes the shale-destabilizing effects of water-base fluids used during completions operations
- Environmentally safe
- Minimal effect on drilling fluid viscosity and fluid loss control
- Non-hazardous to rig personnel
- Controls shale and matrix clay swelling
- Reduces enlargement of well bore in shale layers
- Is effective for a wide array of shales and claystones
- Functions in almost all types of brine and water-base completion fluids and gels
- Does not damage producing formations
- Does not interfere with the function of gels and viscosifiers
- Low freeze point
- Long, openhole completion intervals with reactive shales
- Vertical, inclined, and horizontal well bores
- Onshore, shelf, and deepwater settings
- ColaShale 1
- ColaShale 2
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Trends Post: Multifunctionality, Efficacy, and Safety in Hard Surface Cleaning!