ColaZoline imidazolines are classified as neutral agents that can easily be converted to cationic agents. Cola®Zolines and its acid salts offer the following functional properties: wetting, emulsification, detergency, thickening, moisture displacement, corrosion inhibition, film formation, and antistatic effects.
ColaZolines are readily soluble in polar solvents and in hydrocarbons while relatively insoluble in water. The acid salts of these imidazolines with low molecular weight acids (acetic, hydrochloric, or phosphoric acid) are water-soluble. Oil-soluble salts can be formed by neutralization with long-chain organic acids.
Features & Benefits of ColaZoline
- Precursor for cationics
- Good emulsification for oils and bitumen
- Acid salts are water-soluble
- Water repellency and hydrophobic film forming
- Nominally 100% solids
- Improve lubricity
- Antistatic properties
- Corrosion inhibition
- Cola®Zoline 1210 – Mixed short chain alkyl imidazoline
- Cola®Zoline C – C8-C18 alkyl imidazoline
- Cola®Zoline LM – Lauric myrystic imidazoline
- Cola®Zoline O – Oleic alkyl imidazoline
- Cola®Zoline T – Tall oil alkyl imidazoline
- Cola®Zoline TD – 1:1 imidazoline
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Care and Clarity More Important than ever in Laundry Care!
1–hydroxyethyl 2–alkyl imidazolines, neutral agents