Colonial Monolaurin MB
INCI: Glyceryl LaurateProduct Categories: Co-Emulsifier, Emollient
Colonial Monolaurin MB is a unique, multifunctional compound made from lauric acid obtained from sustainable plant sources. When compared with standard “monoglycerides,” Colonial Monolaurin MB has multiple positive characteristics not typically found in a single product and offers elegance and utility to personal care and pharmaceutical products.
In formulating, effective use levels can range between 0.1% and 5.0%, depending upon the application. Colonial Monolaurin MB should be added to a formulation so that it does not receive severe heating for prolonged periods. This product can be dispersed in water and dissolved in oil.
In keeping with Colonial Chemical’s commitment to sustainable raw material sourcing, Colonial Monolaurin MB is derived from sustainably sourced palm oil that is certified Mass Balance from the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO).
Features & Benefits of Colonial Monolaurin MB
- 1,4 – Dioxane-free
- 100% naturally-derived and nontoxic
- Co-emulsifier, emollient, and antimicrobial
- Shown to inactivate bacteria, viruses, and fungi/yeast
- Provide strong self-preservation activity
- Promotes the penetration of actives through the skin
- Co-emulsifier with other surfactants
- Enhances the aesthetics of formulations with excellent rub-out
- Creates superior stability in emulsions of all types
- Leave-on products
- Body cream
- Body butters
- Lip balm
- Facial cream
- Stretch mark creams
- Hand sanitizers
- Roll-on antiperspirants
- Cold sore medicine
- Foot creams
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Maskne: The Impact of Constant Contact!