INCI: Glyceryl LaurateProduct Categories: Antimicrobial, Co-Emulsifier, Emollient
Colonial Monolaurin is a unique, multifunctional compound made from lauric acid obtained from sustainable plant sources. When compared with standard “monoglycerides,” Colonial Monolaurin has multiple positive characteristics not typically found in a single product and offers elegance and utility to personal care and pharmaceutical products.
In formulating, effective use levels can range between 0.1% and 5.0%, depending upon the application. Colonial Monolaurin should be added to a formulation so that it does not receive severe heating for prolonged periods. This product can be dispersed in water and dissolved in oil.
Colonial Monolaurin MB is a certified Mass Balance from the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) grade available.
Features & Benefits of Colonial Monolaurin
- 1,4 – Dioxane-free
- 100% naturally-derived and nontoxic
- Co-emulsifier, emollient, and antimicrobial
- Shown to inactivate bacteria, viruses, and fungi/yeast
- Provide strong self-preservation activity
- Promotes the penetration of actives through the skin
- Co-emulsifier with other surfactants
- Enhances the aesthetics of formulations with excellent rub-out
- Creates superior stability in emulsions of all types
- Leave-on products
- Body cream
- Body butters
- Lip balm
- Facial cream
- Stretch mark creams
- Hand sanitizers
- Roll-on antiperspirants
- Cold sore medicine
- Foot creams
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Maskne: The Impact of Constant Contact!