INCI: Stearamidopropyl DimethylamineProduct Category: Conditioning Agent
Colonial S18HP is a vegetable-derived conditioning agent from 80% natural feedstocks. It is the primary ingredient for all types of opaque conditioners. Colonial S18HP forms a “Quat-Free” amine slat when neutralized with organic acids.
This conditioning agent can use a variety of acids for different benefits. These acids can include α-Hydroxy acids, β-Hydroxy acids, amino acids, and fatty acids.
It does not build up on hair and has excellent wet and dry comb force reductions. Colonial S18HP reduces frizz and fly-away. It also provides robust emulsification of fatty alcohol for ease in formulations. This conditioning agent is a high purity stearic acid source with low colour, low odour, and maximum efficacy.
Features & Benefits of Colonial S18HP
- Does not build up on hair
- Excellent wet and dry comb force reductions
- Reduces frizz and fly-away
- Robust emulsification of fatty alcohol for ease in formulation
- High purity stearic acid source
- Maximum efficacy
- Low colour, odour
- Liquid Conditioners 0.5% – 1%
- Leave-in Conditioners 1% – 2%
- Cream Hair Conditioners 1% – 3%
- Conditioning Masques 2% – 4%
- 2-in-1 Shampoos 0.5% – 1%
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Maskne: The Impact of Constant Contact!