INCI: Stearamidopropyl DimethylamineProduct Category: Conditioning Agent
Colonial S18PF is palm-free conditioning agent that is 80% biobased carbon. It is the primary ingredient for all types of opaque conditioners. This ingredient forms a “Quat-Free” amine salt when neutralized with organic acids. It can use a wide variety of acids for different benefits: α-hydroxy acids, β-hydroxy acids, amino acids, and fatty acids.
See this conditioning in action in a Palm-Free Conditioner Bar!
Features & Benefits of Colonial S18PF
- Does not build up on hair
- Excellent wet and dry comb force reductions
- Reduces frizz and fly-away
- Robust emulsification of fatty alcohol for ease in formulation
- Palm free stearic source
- Sustainable feedstock
- Excellent efficacy
- Liquid Conditioners 0.5% – 1%
- Leave-in Conditioners 1% – 2%
- Cream Hair Conditioners 1% – 3%
- Conditioning Masques 2% – 4%
- 2 in 1 Shampoos 0.5% – 1%
Looking for more ideas and formulations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow your Know – Natural Shampoo Bars!