Compressol® SM co-processed polyol is a directly compressible excipient consisting of mannitol and sorbitol. This product is designed to assist the formulator with high active-loading formulations and difficult-to-compress actives. Compressol SM combines the benefits of both mannitol and sorbitol for unique functionality.
$0.00Product Application: Chewable Tablet,Direct Compression of Tablets,Lozenge,Tablet
Pharmaceutical Category: Nutraceutical,Pharmaceutical
Compressol® SM is a co-processed pharmaceutical excipient specifically designed for direct compression of high active dose and difficult to compress formulations. Compressol SM combines the functional benefits of mannitol and sorbitol into a highly functional tablet excipient. The co-processed system provides the superior compactability of sorbitol while retaining lower hygroscopicity (300% Less!), disintegration time, and improved organoleptic properties of mannitol.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Designed for direct compression of high dose / difficult to compress formulations
- Excellent binder for Chewable, Lozenge, Effervescent and Swallow Tablets
- Suitable for moisture-sensitive APIs
- Pleasant sweetness due to the inclusion of sucrose, with a smooth mouthfeel
- Free-flowing, with consistent particle size
- Similar ejection force as Sorbitol
- Prolonged Tooling Life; Less lubrication required
- Composed of Compendial Ingredients
- Combines Functional Benefits of Mannitol and Sorbitol such as:
- Mannitol: Low Hygroscopicity, Fast Disintegration Time, Excellent Organoleptics
- Sorbitol: Superior Compact ability