INCI: Phytic Acid; AquaProduct Category: Chelating Agent
dermofeel® PA is a natural chelating agent and serves as a natural alternative to EDTA. It effectively inactivates metal ions by forming a complex between the chelator and the metal. Metal ions can enter a cosmetic formulation through the production equipment, as impurities from ingredients (e.g. extracts, pigments), and through process water. In cosmetic products, these ions can promote oxidation reactions, may cause discoloration, or impair the foaming properties of surfactants.
This chelating agent can be added to the water phase during every step in the production phase. To boost performance, it can be combined with other antioxidants such as dermofeel® Toco 70 non GMO or dermofeel® AP MB. dermofeel® PA is COSMOS and ECOCERT approved.
Features & Benefits of dermofeel® PA
- 100% naturally derived
- ECOCERT/COSMO approved and compliant with other standards for natural cosmetics
- Readily biodegradable, no environmental risk
- Combination with other antioxidants is recommended
- Supports the protection of valuable ingredients from oxidation (e.g. unstaturated oils, fragrance components)
- Best performance is shown at pH 6
- Hair Care
- Skin Care
- Skin Cleansing
- Sun Care
- Wet Wipes
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: The Price of Beauty Doesn’t Have to Cost the Environment!
Phytic Acid; Aqua