dermosoft® DGMC MB
INCI: Polyglyceryl-2 CaprateProduct Categories: Antimicrobial, Sensory Agent, Surfactant
dermosoft® DGMC MB consists of 100% plant-derived, single ingredient Polyglyceryl-2 Caprate. This multifunctional raw material shows selective antimicrobial activity against gram-positive bacteria and is therefore suitable as an active ingredient with deodorant properties. Furthermore dermosoft® DGMC MB acts as a sensory modifier in O/W emulsions and increases the viscosity in surfactant-based formulations.
Features & Benefits of dermosoft® DGMC MB
- Appearance: colorless to yellowish viscous liquid
- 100% naturally derived, already COSMOS approved and compliant
- Cosmetic Functions
- Hydrating: Glycolic structure can bind water molecules
- Refatting: Due to the amphiphilic structure, it delivers and retains oil components in the upper layer of the skin
- Wetting and co-emulsifying: Due to the amphiphilic structure, it lowers the surface tension between oil-and-water phase, building smaller droplets and lowering the energy demand during emulsification process
- Antimicrobial activity: Selective antimicrobial efficacy against gram-positive bacteria, therefore it is perfectly suitable for products for blemished skin and deodorants
- Hair Cleansing
- Natural Cosmetics
- Skin care
- Skin cleansing
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Maskne – The Impact of Constant Contact!