Lactose, Monohydrate, Microcrystalline CelluloseProduct Application: Direct tableting,Tablet
Product Certification: Gluten-free
Pharmaceutical Category: Tableting System
Disintequik MCC is a co-processed Lactose/MCC excipient designed for direct tabletting operations where hard tablets and fast disintegration is required. The unique process synergistically combines the properties of the lactose and MCC and also eliminates blending issues, resulting in a uniform formulation. The combined properties of superior binding capabilities of lactose and the disintegration of MCC allow for small quantities of active and permits tablets to be made without granulating. Disintequik MCC is more fluid more compressible and produces tablets with higher breaking strength than a straight Lactose/MCC blend.
Disintequik MCC Benefits
- Reduction of blending issues
- Low dust generation by using Disintequik MCC
- Avoidance of costly wet granulation processes
- Improved flowability and content uniformity during compression
Hard Tablets with Fast Disintegration
- For hardness profiles, tablets consist of 99.5% product and 0.5% magnesium stearate.
- Tablets were made using an instrumented 10-station rotary tablet press.
- Disintequik MCC hardness was performed on an automated tablet tester.
- Disintegration was performed in 800 ml of Epure water at 37°C using a USP Disintegration Apparatus.
Azelis Canada Pharma is your supplier for Kerry Pharmaceuticals, please talk to your account manager to decide which product is best for your formulation.