D. S. A. 7
INCI: Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch CetrimoniumchlorideProduct Category: Starch
D.S.A. 7 from AGRANA is a physically modified, surface active rice starch with high adsorption for oil and fats, and has primarily been developed for dry hair shampoo and powder buffer. It reduces greasiness in the hair. Because of its strong anti-static property, D.S.A. 7 can be brushed out without any residues, while achieving a fast cleaning effect. After usage, D.S.A.7 gives the hair a natural brightness, breezy luxuriance, and freshness.
Features & Benefits of D.S.A. 7
- Excellent cleansing properties in a Dry-Shampoo
- Deodorizing effect with odor-binding and has a distinct affinity for oils and fats
- No residue and good brushability
- Flowing capabilities: does not adhere to can walls, does not build agglomerates in propellants in the spray head
- Easy redispersion: sediments stay loose and can be easily dispersed by little shaking (even if stored for a long time)
D.S.A.7 shows a low moisture content of max 5,0 %. A maximum aerosol dispenser filling should contain 6,0 – 8,0 % of D.S.A. 7. As propellant, we recommend propane-butane compounds, also with parts of n-pentane. Other solid additions may negatively affect the spray function.
Do you Dry-Shampoo? The global dry shampoo market is winning from many positive factors. With a thriving working-class community, globally, consumers are looking for hair products suitable for their hectic lifestyles. On-the-go beauty is a trending area that is growing by leaps and bounds. Dry-shampoos additionally align with the eco-consumer and waterless cleansing movement.
How about a dual-function? Formulate a coloured Dry Shampoo and add the benefit of a root concealer! AGRANA developed coloured starches based on physically activated rice starch D.S.A.7. Learn about coloured starches from AGRANA
Get more formulating ideas with our Grow Your Know feature: Dry-Shampoo – Departing the Norm
Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch Cetrimoniumchloride