Elevance Clean 1200
$0.00Product Category: Solvent
Elevance Clean® 1200 is an effective industrial grade bio-based and VOC-exempt cleaning ingredient that outperforms traditional and bio-based solvents and surfactants.
It’s suitable for use in formulations for cleaning tar, asphalt and bitumen from the surface of tools, equipment and vehicles. This innovative, bio-based solution can be used in a broad range of aqueous, non-aqueous and organic-based systems while being used in neutral pH (6-9) formulations.
The Elevance Clean® 1200 product line consists of two products containing the same active material. The technical performance of both products is identical.
- Elevance Clean® 1200XA is a cleaning ingredient without added fragrance.
- Elevance Clean® 1200HT is Elevance Clean® 1200XA with fragrance added.
Features & Benefits of Elevance Clean 1200
Elevance Clean 1200 delivers superior cleaning kinetics that surpass petrochemical-based and bio-based solvent formulations
- Made from plant oils with more than 65% bio-based carbon
- VOC-free: exceeds VOC exemption classification requirements for the EU and U.S.
- Retains its cleaning performance in cold temperatures and providing ease in cleaning equipment during winter months
- Readily biodegradable by OECD Method 301
- Non-flammable (ASTM D-93) by OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910.106
- Listed on the CleanGredients inventory (as part of the EPA Safer Choice Program)
- USDA BioPreferred
- Free of components listed in EU Dangerous Substances Directive (Regulation No. 1272/2008)
- California Air Resource Board low vapor pressure (LVP) VOC (CARB Method 310)
Asphalt/Tar Removal – Solvent-Based Formulations
When compared to most petroleum-based solvents (e.g. Benzene, Ethyl Benzene, Toluene, and Xylenes-BETX), Elevance Clean 1200 has an improved environmental profile, and when compared to other bio-based products (e.g. d-Limonene) Elevance Clean 1200 is VOC-exempt. These attributes of Elevance Clean 1200 will allow formulators maximum flexibility in developing products that will meet your customers’ most challenging cleaning requirements.
Figure 1. Asphalt Spray and Rinse Cleaning Performance. High-concentration non-aqueous spray and rinse formulation using cleaning agents
Table 1: Formulation for high-concentration non-aqueous spray and rinse formulation
|Ingredient||% by Weight|
|Elevance Clean 1200||80|
Figure 2. Better Asphalt cleaning than many competitive solvents (ASTM D488-95)
Asphalt/Tar Removal – Water-Based Formulations
Elevance Clean 1200 not only does an excellent job at removing asphalt and tar at ambient temperatures but excels at removing these challenging soils at low temperatures for both routine, low-concentrate formulations and more concentrated spray and rinse formulations used for more heavily soiled surfaces.
Figure 3. Asphalt Spray and Rinse Cleaning Performance. High-concentration spray and rinse formulation using different cleaning agents.
Table 2. Formulation for high-concentration aqueous spray and rinse formulation
|Ingredient||% by Weight|
|Elevance Clean 1200||5|
|BIO-SOFT® N91-6 or Empilan® KR 6||5|
|Appearance||Clear liquid; colorless to pale yellow|
|Active, wt. %||Min. 90|
|Density at 25°C, g/mL||0.87 – 0.89|
|Boiling point at 760 mmHg, °C||Min. 250|
|Vapor pressure at 25°C, mmHg||<0.100|
|Flash point, PMCC,°C||Min. 100|
|Refractive Index at 25, °C||1.44|
|Surface Tension, mN/m||29.66|
|Melting Point, °C||-36|
|RVOC, U.S. EPA, %||0|
|Viscosity at 25 °C, cP||3.36|
|HSP values, calculated:1
Methanol, xylenes, terpenes
1 Hansen solubility parameters for Elevance Clean 1200HT were calculated using HSPiP 4th Edition 4.1.04.
2 Solubility testing was conducted at 10% and 25% by weight.