This crystalline powder has an amine-like odor and can be used in various industries such as coatings, chemical, pharmaceutical and photochemical.
$0.00Market: Adhesives & Sealants, Coatings-Construction, Coatings-Industrial, Composite-General Industrial, Construction Adhesive, Construction Coatings, Construction Sealant, Custom Compounder, DTM Coating, General Industrial Adhesive, General Industrial Coatings, Microcellular Foam-Flexible, Molded Foam/Seating & Auto, Plastics, Powder Coating, Rubber/Cast Polymers/Composites
Product Type: Curing Agents & Crosslinkers
Product Category: Amines, Imidazole
Supplier: BASF Chemical Intermediates
Imidazole is a crystalline powder with an amine-like odor. It is soluble in water.
Synonyms: Methanimidamide, N,N’-1,2-ethenediyl, 1,3-Diazole, 1,3-Diaza-2,4-cyclopentadiene
Epoxy Resin Market
- As a hardener or accelerator, the imidazoles become part of the resin
- Used as a catalyst, the imidazoles are not consumed by the hardening process but make the oxygen of the epoxy more attractive for reactions with other components
Epoxy Curing Agents
The advantages are:
- Very long work life
- Very fast elevated temperature cure (100°C – 180°C). Excellent high temperature stability
- Good adhesion on metals
- Form resins with a high tensile strength
Applications for Imidazole
- Crop protection agents
- Photographic chemicals
- Polyurethane catalysts
- Hardeners for epoxy resins
- Corrosion inhibitors
CAS Registry Number……288-32-4
|Boiling Temperature, °C||255 – 256|
|Melting Temperature, °C||88 – 90|
|Density at 20°C, g/cm3||500 – 600|
|Flash Point, °C||> 135|
|Ignition Temperature, °C||480|
Available Imidazole by BASF
- 1-Methylimidazole (1-MI)
- A colourless to yellow liquid, with an amine-like odour
- It is miscible with water
- 2-Methylimidazole (2-MI)
- A colourless to yellowish solid with an amine-like odour
- 2,4-Ethylmethylimidazole S
- A colorless to yellowish liquid with an amine-like odour
- Applications include hardener for epoxy resins.
Check out more discoveries from the chemists at Azelis for Coatings, Printing Inks, Construction, and Cast Urethanes!
Our chemists are sharing their discoveries made in Azelis CASE application labs! To learn new ways to solve a formulating problem, get ideas, or ask questions, check out our Chemist Collaboration!