INCI: Shorea Stenoptera (Illipe) Seed ButterProduct Categories: Butter, Emollient
Lipex IllipeSoft is a highly stable, cosmetic grade illipe butter that has a unique soft, pliable texture. Lipex IllipeSoft™ is an effective moisturizer and texturizer with a higher melting point and more rapid crystallization pattern than standard illipe butters. It is compatible with most commonly used emollients and waxes and acts as a sensory enhancer that delivers a luxurious skin feel to a wide range of formulations.
Lipex IllipeSoft is designed to bring moisturizing properties of illipe butter to personal care formulations without the difficulties of formulating with traditional forms of the butter. It is also more compatible with other commonly used emollients and waxes, compared to the traditional butter. This butter is characterized by being rather soft at 20°C with a flat melting point leaving some solids also a skin temperature, i.e. 35°C – 40°C.
The high solid content at elevated temperatures gives better heat stability and a less oily skin feel compared to traditional illipe butter. This butter contributes to a luxurious and elegant feel in many skin and lip care formulations. It can be used as an emollient and moisturizer at 1% – 5% in lotions and creams and up to 15% in body butters. In lip care and colour cosmetics, it can be added as a texturizer and moisturizer starting from 1% – 2% and in lip balms up to 30%.
Features & Benefits of Lipex IllipeSoft
- High melting point and rapid crystallization pattern ensure smooth, rich, homogenous formulations with excellent thermal stability and long shelf life.
- Forms a lipid film on the skin to prevent moisture loss and give a soft, non-oily sensory feel.
- High stability makes it suitable for fragrance-free products.
- Sustainably sourced from the rainforests of Borneo making it an eco-friendly choice for cosmetic formulations.
- Skin Care: Lotions, Creams & Body Butters
- Lip Care
Lipex IllipeSoft Melting Point
Looking for more ideas and formulations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow your Know – Natural Shampoo Bars
Shorea Stenoptera (Illipe) Seed Butter