INCI: Shea Butter Ethyl EstersProduct Category: Emollient
Lipex SheaLight is a unique, eco-designed emollient ester for light, silky soft feel in skin, sun and hair care products .
Lipex SheaLight is a shea butter based ester that combines high functionality in personal care formulations with light feel and a good safety and sustainability profile. This makes it a good starting point for creating lighter, sustainable formulations for body lotions and facial care products as well as numerous applications in hair care.
Sustainable shea butter ester with light skin feel Lipex SheaLight has unique sensory properties compared to other shea butter based ingredients. In an evaluation by a trained sensory panel, Lipex SheaLight was found to be non-greasy and more powdery compared to reference emollients. The results confirm a desired sensory profile for modern skin care creams and lotions, extending the use of shea butter into new applications
Features & Benefits
- Shea ester with light, silky soft feel
- Great sustainability profile and long-lasting stability
- Readily biodegradable and does not accumulate in the environment.
- Low viscosity, high polarity
- Good solubilising properties for organic UV filters and lipophilic actives
- Gives low viscosity pigment dispersions at high particle load
- Effectively improves aesthetics of sunscreens
A shampoo or conditioner made with Lipex SheaLight can work wonders for people looking to treat dry hair. Its low viscosity and high polarity will ensure good wetting of hair fiber and leave a thin moisturizing film that will not weigh down the hair.
Benefits in Natural Hair Care:
- Good lubricity and spreadability making hair softer and more lustrous
- High biodegradability for rinse-off applications
- Alternative to linear, low molecular silicones used in conditioners and shampoos
- No build-up effect
- Easy to incorporate in shampoos and rinse-off conditioners, without use of auxiliary emulsifiers
- Can be used as a solubilizer for actives that are difficult to incorporate
Shea Butter Ethyl Esters