Marine Moisturizing Factors (MMF)
INCI: Corallina Officinalis Extract (and) Aqua (and) Propylene GlycolProduct Category: Extract
Marine Moisturizing Factors (MMF) are 2 products isolated from the Corallina Officinalis Alba (Coral Seaweed). Both total extract isolate affords a number of substances resembling the water soluble natural moisturizing factors (NMF) of the horny layer of human skin.
Marine Moisturizing Factor (MMF) 1
Compounds identified and their benefits:
- 2-pyrrolidone-5-carboxylic acid – moisturizing effect
- lactates – moisturizing effect
- 12-epi-scalaradial – inhibits toxins
- Spermidine – protection of replicating DNA against oxidative injury
- Spermine – regulation of cellular proliferation and differentiation, facilitates regeneration of long term potentiation and protects replicating DNA against damage by singlet oxygen
- 6-methoxy-N-(3-sulphopropyl)-quinoline (SPQ) – minimizes interference of physiological anions
Snow White Coral Algae (Marine Moisturizing Factor (MMF) 2)
It serves to provide protective structural firmness on the corium layer through the bio-active ingredients; ability to cross link with the constituent structural proteins present thereby forming the basis of water balance, hydro-osmotic barrier of the skin. It assists in improving the tensile strength of the skin and is effective in alleviating dry skin conditions.
Corallina Officinalis Extract (and) Aqua (and) Propylene Glycol