Propylene Glycol DicaprylocaprateProduct Application: Injectables,Tablet,Veterinary
Product Certification: GMP,Halal,OU Kosher
Pharmaceutical Category: Liquid lipids
MIGLYOL 840 is a C8/C10 Ester and is an oil component and high spreading emollient with low viscosity. MIGLYOL® 840 is an ester of saturated coconut/palm-kernel oil-derived caprylic and capric fatty acids and propylene glycol.
Viscosity [mPa·s] ~11 Pa·s
MIGLYOL 840 is a propylene glycol diester of saturated plant fatty acids with chain lengths of C8 and C10. Therefore it has excellent emollient properties.
MIGLYOL 840 is a clear, virtually colourless liquid of neutral odour and taste.
MIGLYOL® 840 is very pure because of its carefully selected raw materials. As a result of the tightly controlled manufacturing processes microorganisms are practically absent because of very low levels of water, i.e. microbials cannot sustain. It is free of additives such as antioxidants, solvents, and catalyst residues.
The very low viscosity of MIGLYOL 840 makes it suitable as a carrier oil for s.c. injections in humans or s.c. injections in veterinary preparations.
MIGLYOL 840 has the following advantages compared to edible oils:
- Very good solvent for drugs
- Low in impurities (as a result of production according to GMP)
- High stability against oxidation
- Liquid at 0°C
- Excellent spreadability on the skin due to the very low viscosity and good skin absorption
- Does not inhibit skin-respiration
- Excellent penetration-promoting, emollient and skin-smoothing properties
MIGLYOL 840 Application examples
- Narcotics (Propofol)
- Malaria (Artemether, Lumefantrin)
- Muscle relaxant (Etomidate)
- API-loaded microspheres (Exenatide)
- Veterinary injection suspension (Amoxicillin, Ceftiofur)
- Parenteral applications
- i.m./s.c: Carrier and solvent
- Topical theraputics
- Psoriasis Treatment and Antiprucitics: Readily absorbent, scale-detaching, and keratin softening oil component, particularly in combination with Vitamin A.
- Ointments: Non-oxidizing, absorption-promoting, non-occlusive oil component with excellent spreadability.