natrathix™ Bio cellulose
INCI: Cellulose GumProduct Categories: Emulsion Stabilizer, Rheology Modifier, Thickener
natrathix™ Bio cellulose is a nature-derived, biodegradable rheology modifier with suspension capabilities. This ingredient maintains emulsion stability of skin and sun care formulations with a desirable skin feel. It enables the creation of more natural skin care creams, lotions and gels, including organic and inorganic sunscreen formulations, with the texture, skin feel and sustainability that consumers look for.
No neutralization is required and is cold processible. natrathix™ Bio cellulose is compatible with other nature-derived polymers. Use levels include 0.4% – 1.3% for emulsions and 1.2% – 1.5% for suspension.
Features & Benefits of natrathix™ Bio cellulose
- Nature-derived (over 84% natural origin content according to ISO 16128 -2:2017)
- Readily biodegradable
- COSMOS-validation, non-GMO, vegan suitable, clean and single INCI
- Sustainability sourced: wood-based cellulose from FSC and PEFC-certified suppliers with zero deforestation practices
- Effective thickening and enables clear formulations
- Suspension capabilities
- Emulsion stabilizer
- Creates desirable skin feel and improved texture versus most common natural thickeners
- Provides formulation versatility
- Effective across wide pH range (4-8)
- Electrolyte and mineral tolerant
- Skin creams, lotions, gels
- Face masks, serums
- Sun care
- Foundations, bb creams
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Formulating Natural Shampoo Bars!