Natrosol 250HHR CS
INCI: HydroxyethylcelluloseProduct Category: Polymer
Natrosol 250HHR CS is a nonionic, white, water-soluble polymer for personal care and cosmetic applications. Natrosol™ 250HHR CS is made by reacting ethylene oxide with alkali-cellulose under rigidly controlled conditions.
It is easily dissolved in cold or hot water to give crystal clear solutions of varying viscosities. It is generally insoluble in organic solvents. It displays fast dispersion without creating any lumps when added to water.
Solutions of this polymer are pseudoplastic or shear-thinning. As a result, personal care products formulated with this polymer dispense rich and thick from the container but spread easily on hair and skin.
Features & Benefits of Natrosol 250HHR CS
- Rich, thick appearance of soap in the bottle; low viscosity during dispensing for easy application
- Reduction in surfactant level with no sacrifice in lather
- Salt can be eliminated and surfactant level reduced, reducing irritancy
- Homogeneous appearance maintained during storage
- Emollient feel
- Transparent soaps easily formulated
- Solution clarity
- Water-binding capacity
- Surfactant compatibility
- Shear-thinning rheology
- Hair Conditioner
- Shave Gels & Foams
- Wipes (baby and adult)
- AP/Deodorant Solids
- Liquid Soaps
- Toothpaste (high salt)
- Lubricant Gels
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Maskne – The Impact of Constant Contact