An aqueous-based microbioside which delivers superior performance as a preservative in a variety of industrial applications.
$0.00Market: Adhesives & Sealants, Coatings-Architectural, Coatings-Construction, Coatings-Industrial
Product Type: Additive
Product Category: Biocides/Fungicides/Preservatives
ROCIMA™ 550 Microbiocide is an aqueous-based microbiocide which delivers superior performance as a preservative in a variety of industrial applications. ROCIMA 550 is used for preservation of polymer latices, adhesives, tackifiers, mineral dispersions, building materials and paint and coatings.
The active ingredient in this product is 2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one.
Features & Benefits of ROCIMA 550
- Chemically stable in high pH systems
- Provides an excellent alternative to Benzisothiazolone (BIT)
- Physically compatible with polymer emulsions: no negative influence on the physical/chemical performance parameters on the finished products
- Broad-spectrum efficacy against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, mold, and yeast
- Low VOC
- Does not contain or release formaldehyde
- Free from metal salts: Will not form a coagulum
- Fully water-soluble: Stays in the aqueous phase where biological control is needed
- Environmentally safe: Does not contain active halogens, does not contribute to AOX, and is biodegradable below microbicidal threshold concentrations
|Appearance||Colourless to pale yellow|
|pH, as is||3 to 6|
|Specific Gravity, at 25°C||1.02|
|Vapour Pressure||0.062 torr|
|Solubility in Water||Infinite|
|Solubility in Organic Solvents||Miscible in a wide range of water-soluble solvents|
|Stability||Stable as supplied for at least one year at typical ambient temperature (20°C); 6 months at 50°C|
*These properties are typical but do not constitute specifications.
Click here to view PMRA label of this product.
Our chemists are sharing their discoveries made in Azelis CASE application labs! To learn new ways to solve a formulating problem, get ideas, or ask questions, check out our Chemist Collaboration!