$0.00Product Categories: Emulsion, Foam Control
SAG 4865 silicone antifoam emulsion is a high-performance foam control agent to consider for multiple uses in various industries. This product can offer very good initial foam knockdown and excellent durability at concentrations less than half that of most standard silicone antifoams. Additionally, it typically gives a homogeneous dilution in water or bath formulations without contributing to oiling or agglomerates.
This medium viscosity emulsion can be used in water-based systems. It can be directly added to the system without pre-dilution and mixed with slow, moderate agitation to ensure a complete and homogenous dispersion.
Features & Benefits of SAG 4865
- Long durability in acidic or alkaline conditions
- Outstanding durability at low add-on levels
- Effective performance at significantly lower use levels than most standard antifoams
- Excellent foam control at ambient and elevated temperatures
- Rapid foam knockdown
- Does not produce oily spots or agglomerates when diluted with water
- Easily dispersed in hard water
- Chemical industry: metal working fluids, non-freezing fluids, paints, latexes
- Paper industry: pulp and paper manufacturing, wastewater treatment process
- Others: alkaline degreasing process of rolled steel plate manufacturing, waste water
Typical Physical Properties of SAG 4865
Test Performance – Shake Test
Glass bottles containing a blend of a 1% octylphenol ethoxylate solution and various antifoams were shaken using a laboratory wrist action shaker at ambient temperature. Four shakes were carried out, each one lasting longer. At the end of each shake, the amount of time it took for the foam to collapse (clear break) was recorded.
SAG 4865 silicone antifoam emulsion provided excellent foam control relative to the standard silicone antifoam, but at half the dosage.