Sheffield Capsulating Grade
D-Glucose, 4-O-β-D-galactopyranosyl-, hydrate (1:1)Product Application: Capsule,Powder Blend,Tablet
Product Certification: Kosher,Rennet free
Pharmaceutical Category: Bulking agent,Crystalline Monohydrate,Diluent,Filler
Sheffield Capsulating Grade is recommended as an excipient, filler, diluent, and bulking agent in a wide variety of pharmaceutical tablets, capsules, powders, and other preparations. It also has applications as a nutrient and multi-functional ingredient in infant formulas, geriatric, dietetic and health foods and may be used as an ingredient in culture media.
Lactose is a disaccharide obtained from the whey fraction of milk consisting of one glucose and one galactose moiety. Sheffield Capsulating Grade is the crystalline alphamonohydrate and meets all requirements of the current National Formulary, the European Pharmacopeia, and the Japanese Pharmacopeia. All ingredients are certified rennet free.
Advantages of Crystalline Monohydrate
- Inert material, high purity, low color
- Moisture stable – 4 year shelf life
- Physically and chemically stable
- Several off-the-shelf grades and custom capabilities
- Milling & Sieving Capabilities (high flow grades available)
- Control of raw material – no supply issues
- High degree of crystallinity, low amorphous content
Particle Size Curves