Sorbitol Special® A810 is a soft gel plasticizer, formulated with Glycerin to enhance the capsule finish, prevent leakage, and increase shelf life by maintaining proper moisture balance all with an improved drying time to get you to shelf-stable faster and cheaper.
Sorbitol Special® A810
Product Application: Capsule,Oral Drugs
Pharmaceutical Category: Excipient,Nutraceutical,Pharmaceutical
Sorbitol Special® plasticizers are sorbitan-sorbitol-based soft gel plasticizers. They enhance the capsule finish gloss for a premium appearance, help to prevent leakage, provide consistent pharmaceutical quality, and extend shelf life by maintaining a proper moisture balance within the capsule shell. The formation of a soft capsule requires the use of a non-volatile plasticizer in addition to water to guarantee the mechanical stability. Sorbitol Special A810 is designed for viscous fills (Oil or PEG), it is pre-blended Sorbitol Special with Glycerin and is free of Animal Products, making it safe to use for Vegan and Vegetarian-friendly formulations.
Stable and efficient plasticizer
- Lower mobility in gel – lower migration into fill
- Fewer incompatibilities than glycerin
Helps improve the appearance of soft gel capsules
- Keep the shell soft and pliable, making it stable and easy to handle
- Results in smooth and shiny, premium-finish
Significantly less hygroscopicity
- Low water retention – shorter drying time, lower gas permeability, preservation of functional fills
- Low susceptibility to water migration/permeability
Lower moisture uptake for hotter/moist climate zones
- Hotter/moist regional climate can cause higher oxygen permeability in the soft gel
- Regional climate can also lead to higher rates of diffusion co-solvents
Three differentiated Sorbitol Special blends for formulation flexibility, increased success, reducing costs!
Make more capsules faster, driving productivity and profit
Contact Azelis Canada today to discover the right Grade for all your application filling needs including PEG, hydrophilic, hygroscopic, lipophilic, Nutraceutical Actives, and even difficult fills such as lecithin! And we will get you started with an Easy to Use Guide!