TEGO® Carbomer 140 G
INCI: CarbomerProduct Category: Viscosity Builder / Stabilizer
TEGO® Carbomer 140 G is a convenient granulated viscosity adjusters and builders, emulsion stabilizers. It is the first Carbomer on the market based on class 3 solvent according to Pharmacopoe’s. TEGO® Carbomer 140 G is soluble in water and alcohol and can be used over a wide pH range. It is easier to process and handle and exhibits lower dusting, lower toxic potential, and higher bulk density. Especially suitable for cosmetic and pharmaceutical emulsions or gels.
Features & Benefits of TEGO® Carbomer 140 G
- Excellent viscosity adjuster, viscosity builder, and emulsion stabilizer
- Granulated Carbomer with numerous advantages: lower dusting, easier to process, and higher bulk density
- First Carbomer for cosmetic applications based on: n-Heptane and Ethyl acetate (class 3 solvents according to Pharmacopoe’s) with lower toxic potential
- Soluble in water and alcohol
- Can be used over a wide pH range
TEGO® Carbomer 140 G is very fast dispersible in water without the formation of lumps. Add this product into the vortex of the agitating liquid. Use dissolver or propeller stirrer or rotor-stator-homogenizer. Intensive shear may lead to a viscosity reduction of the final product and should be avoided. Neutralize with triethanolamine, tetrahydroxy propylethylendiamine, sodium hydroxide, or other inorganic bases.
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Maskne – The Impact of Constant Contact