TEGO® Carbomer 750 HD
INCI: Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate CrosspolymerProduct Category: Polymer
TEGO® Carbomer 750 HD is an easy-to-process polyacrylic acid copolymer gelling agent, emulsion stabilizer, and an excellent viscosity adjuster and builder. TEGO® Carbomer 750 HD is based on class 3 solvent according to Pharmacopoe (US and European), which are solvents with a low toxic potential to man, no health-based exposure limit is needed. Used solvents in the polymerization step: n-Heptane and Ethylacetate (max. 0.5% residual content).
Features & Benefits of TEGO® Carbomer 750 HD
- Excellent thickening efficacy
- High bulk density powder
- Easy dispersibility, no lump formation, low dusting
- Based on solvents with low toxic potential (class 3 solvents: n-Heptane/Ethylacetate according to Pharmacopoe’s)
- Suitable for cosmetic or pharmaceutical emulsions and gels
- Brilliant clarity in gel systems
- Thickening of personal cleansing formulations with low level of surfactants (example: facial cleansers)
- For preparation and stabilization of creams, lotions, and suspensions
- Manufacturing of high viscous emulsions
TEGO® Carbomer 750 HD is fast dispersible in water without the formation of lumps. Add the material into the vortex of the agitating liquid. Use dissolved or propeller stirrer or rotor-stator-homogenizer. Intensive shear may lead to a viscosity reduction of the final product and should be avoided. Neutralize with triethanolamine, tetrahydroxypropyl ethylenediamine, sodium hydroxide, or other inorganic bases.
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Maskne – The Impact of Constant Contact
Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer