INCI: Isododecane (and) PolyethyleneProduct Categories: Rheology Modifier, Thickener
TIXOGEL-IDP is an easy to use, fully activated mastergel consisting of Isododecane and Polyethylene. It provides stable thixotropic viscosity in a variety of solvent-based cosmetic formulations.
This product is a thixotropic thickener that adds emolliency, imparts water repellency, and improves wear time of formulations. It does not require activation.
Features & Benefits of TIXOGEL-IDP
- Ready for use gel for many vehicles
- Time-saving in production
- Eliminates the possible dust formation during dispersion
- Cost reduction by simplification
- Constant rheological efficiency due to optimum dispersion and activation
- Can be custom produced
- Polyethylene gels impart water-proofing and long wear properties
- Creams & Lotions
- Sunscreen Products
- Hair Creams
- Lip Products
- Eye Products: eyeshadow and mascaras
- Nail Polish
TIXOGEL-IDP can be incorporated at almost any storage stage of the manufacturing cycle with medium shear dispersion equipment. For optimal dispersion, mix and homogenize this material with a portion of the most compatible organic component or solvent of the formulation before adding the other ingredients.
The typical concentration for emulsions is 3 – 10% and for wax-based systems, it is 5 – 20%. The level of usage of this material depends on the desired thickening and the stabilization required in the formulation.
Isododecane (and) Polyethylene