INCI: Cyclopentasiloxane (and) Cyclohexasiloxane (and) TrihydroxystearinProduct Categories: Rheology Modifier, Thickener
TIXOGEL-RCM is an easy to use, fully activated mastergel consisting of cyclopentasiloxane and cyclohexasiloxane thickened with trihydroxystearin.
It provides stable thixotropic viscosity in a variety of solvent-based cosmetic formulations. It is a fully activated mastergel and does not require any further activation.
Features & Benefits of TIXOGEL-RCM
- Ready for use gel for many vehicles
- Time-saving in production
- Eliminates the possible dust formation during dispersion
- Cost reduction by simplification
- Constant rheological efficiency due to optimum dispersion and activation
- Can be custom produced
- Polyethylene gels impart water-proofing and long wear properties
- Creams & Lotions
- Sunscreen Products
- Hair Creams
- Lip Products
- Eye Products: eyeshadow and mascaras
- Nail Polish
TIXOGEL-IIN can be incorporated at almost any storage stage of the manufacturing cycle with medium shear dispersion equipment at a temperature range of 45°C – 65°C. For optimal dispersion, heat and mix and homogenize this material with a portion of the most compatible organic component or solvent of the formulation before adding the other ingredients.
The typical concentration for emulsions is 3% – 10% and for wax-based systems, it is 5% – 20%. The level of usage of this material depends on the desired thickening and stabilization required in the formulation.
Cyclopentasiloxane (and) Cyclohexasiloxane (and) Trihydroxystearin