VARISOFT® PATC MB
INCI: Palmitamidopropyltrimonium ChlorideProduct Category: Conditioning Agent
VARISOFT® PATC MB is a multifunctional hair conditioning additive with excellent antistatic properties. It has viscosity-enhancing properties in surfactant formulations, is compatible with anionic, amphoteric, and nonionic surfactants, and suitable for clear formulations.
VARISOFT® PATC MB can also be used as a cationic emulsifier for oil-in-water emulsions, providing a dry and non-oily skin feel and contributes to the production of certified sustainable palm oil according to the rules set out by RSPO Mass Balance Supply Chain Model.
Out of a shampoo application, VARISOFT® PATC MB boosts conditioning properties like wet and dry comb and wet and dry feel – especially in combinations with ABIL® types (modified silicones) and Polyquaternium-10. Furthermore, it provides antistatic properties. Out of a conditioner application, VARISOFT® PATC MB improves wet comb and feel, antistatic properties, and especially the antistatic behaviour.
Features & Benefits of VARISOFT® PATC MB
- Improves performance of conditioning shampoos
- Universal application in both shampoos and conditioners
- Excellent thickening properties in surfactant formulations, suitable for clear highly viscous products
- Reduces hair dye fading when used in shampoo
- Antistatic effect
- Soft and smooth hair feel
- Viscosity enhancer in surfactant formulations
- Shear-thinning flow behaviour
- Improved wash fastness
- Dry skin feel
- Easy to handle
- Colour cosmetics
- Hair cleansing
- Hair conditioning
- Clear conditioning shampoos
- Skin care
- Conditioning body washes and gels
- Clear liquid hand soaps
Looking for more ideas and formulations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Formulating Natural Shampoo Bars!