Versagel MG Series
INCI: Hydrogenated Poly (C6-14 Olefin)(and) Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer (and)Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl HydroxyhydrocinnamateProduct Categories: Rheology Modifier, Sensory Agent, Suspending Agent, Thickener
Versagel MG Series of products are bsed on hydrogenated C6 – C14 alkenes combined with our patented gelling technology. Versagel® MG offers an alternative to silicones for formulating products when a silky, elegant after-feel is desired. These gels are compatible with most ingredients, with most non-ionic surfactants, and other synthetic and natural emollients.
A unique property of the Versagel product lines is their suspension capability for fine particles. Versagel MG can be utilized as suspension vehicles for fine particles or encapsulated liquids such as Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Talc, Decorative Glitters, and Vitamins E and C.
Penreco’s Versagel Technology is used in a wide range of cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and personal care products all over the world. The patented system for thickening and gelling hydrocarbon materials offers an infinite number of customized rheological properties.
Features & Benefits of Versagel MG Series
- Enhances occlusivity
- Clear, colourless (does not discolour with age)
- Hydrophobic and thermally reversible without syneresis
- Available in multiple viscosity ranges and compatible with many common ingredients
- Easier and safer than gels made using metal stearates or fumed silica
- Provides enhanced fragrance retention and waterproofing properties
- Improves emulsion stability
- Offers superior moisturization when compared to neat products
- Unparalleled film-forming and suspension capabilities
- Proven track record with gelled baby oil
- Colour Cosmetics
- lipstick, lip gloss, lip balm, lip oil, mascara, eyeshadow, powder/blush/bronzer, foundation, concealer
- Skin Care
- gels, oils, creams/lotions, cleansers, masks/peels
- MG 500 T
- MG 750 T
- MG 1600 T
For more information on Versagel Products by Calumet Penreco, click here to view the product brochure!
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Maskne – The Impact of Constant Contact
Hydrogenated Poly (C6-14 Olefin)(and) Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer (and) Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate