Versagel MN Series
INCI: Isononyl Isononanoate (and) Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene CopolymerProduct Categories: Conditioning Agent, Dispersant, Emollient, Lubricant, Rheology Modifier, Sensory Agent, Solubilizer, Suspending Agent, Thickener
Versagel MN Series f products are anhydrous clear gels that provide versatility and a distinctive, elegant feel. The polymer system in Versagel® MN products provides lubricity and conditioning, while the ester base, isononyl isononanoate, offers non-greasy emolliency. Due to the polymer matrix in the gel, these materials enable fine particles, such as colour pigments, to be readily suspended or dispersed with minimal settling and agglomeration. These products also exhibit good thermal and UV stability and silicone solubilization.
Penreco’s Versagel Technology is used in a wide range of cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and personal care products all over the world. The patented system for thickening and gelling hydrocarbon materials offers an infinite number of customized rheological properties.
Depending on the application, the suggested use level may range from 5% to 60%. These gels should be blended with the rest of the ingredients in the oil phase of the formulation, while the nonpolar or less polar ingredients are added to the gel first. The gels are compatible with most nonionic surfactants, cyclomethicone, phenyl trimethicone, and other synthetic and natural emollients.
Features & Benefits of Versagel MN
- Clear, colourless (does not discolour with age)
- Hydrophobic and thermally reversible without syneresis
- Available in multiple viscosity ranges and compatible with many common ingredients
- Easier and safer than gels made using metal stearates or fumed silica
- Provides enhanced fragrance retention and waterproofing properties
- Colour Cosmetics
- lipstick, lip polish, lip stain, lip gloss, lip balm, eye & brow shadow, bronzer, foundation
- Skin Care
- face serums, depilatory cream, scrubs/exfoliators, texture, and tone moisturizer
- Sun Care
- MN 750
- MN 1600
For more information on Versagel Products by Calumet Penreco, click here to view the product brochure!
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Maskne – The Impact of Constant Contact
Isononyl Isononanoate (and) Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer