Versagel P Series
INCI: Petrolatum (and) Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene CopolymerProduct Categories: Emollient, Moisturizer, Rheology Modifier, Thickener
Out of stock
Versagel P Series are products that combine highly purified, USP-grade, white petrolatum with block copolymers to enhance the occlusivity that naturally accompanies all petrolatum products. Even though petrolatum is considered the best occlusive agent available, Penreco’s studies indicate that gelled petrolatum outperforms ungelled petrolatum in reducing Transepidermal Water Loss (TEWL). These Versagel products also exhibit excellent thermal and UV stability, as well as a versatile chemical compatibility.
Penreco’s Versagel Technology is used in a wide range of cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and personal care products all over the world. The patented system for thickening and gelling hydrocarbon materials offers an infinite number of customized rheological properties.
Features & Benefits of Versagel P Series
- Enhances occlusivity
- Clear, colourless (does not discolour with age)
- Hydrophobic and thermally reversible without syneresis
- Available in multiple viscosity ranges and compatible with many common ingredients
- Easier and safer than gels made using metal stearates or fumed silica
- Provides enhanced fragrance retention and waterproofing properties
- Colour Cosmetics
- lipstick, lip balm, lip gloss, illuminator, foundation, blush
- Skin Care
- lotions, creams, balms, butters, moisturizers, scrubs/exfoliators, rash guard, body wash
- Hair Care
- moisturizers, pomade, styling products, treatments
- Health Care
- scar treatment, topicals, ointments, wound-healing products, pain relief
- diapers and paper products
For more information on Versagel Products by Calumet Penreco, click here to view the product brochure!
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Maskne – The Impact of Constant Contact
Petrolatum (and) Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer