INCI: Aqua; Sodium Levulinate; Sodium benzoateProduct Category: Conditioning Agent
Verstatil® BL is a blend that combines the synergy of sodium benzoate and the skin conditioning agent levulinic acid. This raw material has an excellent antimicrobial activity. It is perfectly suitable for surfactant-based products and tonics. The combination with antimicrobial surface active substances (e.g. dermosoft® Octiol) is recommended to improve the performance of the product.
Verstatil® BL the new easy-to-use preservative blend, combining the well-known preservative sodium benzoate and the multifunctional skin conditioner sodium levulinate in a mild and safe preserving blend especially suited for surfactant and water-based products. The combination of organic acid salts at a use level between 1.5-2.5% provides a reliable performance against all relevant germs. Globally approved and toxicologically well-investigated Verstatil® BL is a cost-effective preserving system especially suited for high volume rinse-off formulations, tonics, or wet wipe solutions. For the use in emulsion-based products combined with a wetting agent is recommended.
Features & Benefits of Verstatil® BL
- Preservative sodium benzoate combined with the multifunctional organic acid levulinic acid
- Plant based levulinic acid derived from corn
- No phenoxyethanol/isothiazolinone/parabens/formaldehyde-releasers/halogenorganic
- In contrast to sorbate/benzoate blends, does not tend to alter the colour of surfactant based products
- Ideal for rinse-off and water-based products, suitable for emulsions
- pH-dependent antimicrobial activity
- Globally approved
- Baby care
- Colour cosmetics
- Hair care
- Natural cosmetics
- Oral care
- Skin care
- Skin cleansing
- Sun care
Looking for more ideas and formulations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Formulating Natural Shampoo Bars!
Verstatil® BL INCI: Aqua; Sodium Levulinate; Sodium benzoate